So, the movie theaters are closed and you are tired of sitting at the couch staring at the the TV. Why not take this opportunity to create a magical theatre experience?
One of out all time favorite ways to celebrate at home is by having a backyard movie night, it’s casual yet magical and the perfect way to celebrate a teenager’s birthday party or simply the end of a long week. All you need is a projector, a sheet/screen, your favorite movie snacks and you have the perfect night in. For an added touch, consider setting up a S’mores station which is a hit with kids and adults alike.
Choose your favorite movie (we recommend going for nostalgia with a flick E.T or Goonies), make some fresh popcorn, hot cocoa, and of course all the classic movie theatre candy you can get your hands on.
For seating, consider oversized pillows and blankets or even just simple outdoor chairs. Add some candles, gather all the throw blankets you have at home and be prepare for the coziest night ever.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
– White sheet with a clothesline or Projector Screen
– Sound System
– Laptop with Movie of Choice downloaded
– Lawn Chairs or oversized pillows to use on the ground
– Throw Blankets both to lay on or to cuddle up in
– Popcorn Machine with Popcorn Kernals and Oil (or Microwave Popcorn will due just fine)
– Movie Theatre Candy including Junior Mints, Reese’s Pieces, Hot Tamales, M&M’s and More
– Sodas preferably in vintage glass bottles like Coca-Cola, Fanta, 7 Up and Squirt. For an added pop of fun, consider adding paper straws as well
– Hot Cocoa including mugs and maybe even marshmallows
– If you want to do S’mores, you’ll need Graham Crackers, Hershey’s Chocolate and Marshmallows for S’mores along with Skewers and an Outdoor Fire Pit
We made an easy to follow Amazon shopping list for anything you may not already have in your home.
Enjoy and let us know how it goes! Feel free to tag us on Instagram with #celebrateathomeBHE to share. We’d love to see how you’re celebrating!
Shout out to Abby and Lauren for the gorgeous images from Olivia and Freddy’s movie night in Sardinia. It was a gorgeous night!